My kitchen consists of a lot of neutral colors, we have black granite counters, wood cabinets, and tan tiles. So i have been working on different ways to add in some color to brighten up the kitchen. I would suggest having a main accent color and then a secondary accent color. My main color is red and then I am adding a few pops of teal.
1. Add Colorful Canisters . . .
I believe I had found these canisters at Target. These canisters added a little color while being practical as well. I use them them for baking. I also have a cake stand that I made out of a dollar store glass and a plate then spray painted it. I will share how to do that at some point but it is super easy! If you can't find any canisters in the color you want you could always spray paint them! I also have some spice canisters I found at World Market that added a hint of color to my fridge!
2. Add a Colorful Appliance or Tea Pot (or both!) . . .
3. Paint Your Knife Block . . .
This was super easy! I just lightly sanded our knife block and then spray painted a couple coats of color then a clear coat to seal it.
4. Add Some Cute Colored Produce Cartons . . .
I love these! The yellow one I found at World Market, the blue one I found at Anthropologie. These are again very practical as well as fun! I use them to store berries in the fridge, tuck recipe cards in them, or as a treat dish.
5. Add a Bright Table Runner . . .
I found this red runner at Ikea and just added my candle sticks, some fake plants (I always kill the ones on my dining table as there isn't great sunlight). A fruit basket with some oranges or sometimes lemons to add another pop of color.
6. Create A Colorful Wall Word . . .
Some Other Ideas . . .
- Put some colorful cookbooks on display
- Hang a colorful work of art
- Put some fun colored baking supplies on display such as spatulas or whisks
- Spray paint a fruit basket
- Put some flowers on display in a bright vase